Who we are and what we do
Fire & Rescue NSW's purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, environment and economy of New South Wales. As one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services, we manage fire emergencies in NSW’s major cities and towns. We respond to rescues, hazardous materials incidents and possible terrorism activities across the State. We work with other government agencies to minimise the impact of bushfires, storms, floods, landslides, building collapses, motor vehicle accidents and other emergencies. We also run prevention and preparedness programs to prevent these emergencies and reduce their impact on the community.
Product warnings and recalls
- Warning On Hoverboards [external link]
- Public warning on portable butane 'lunchbox' cookers [external link]
- Electrical safety recall of Samsung top loading washing machines [external link]
Regional recruitment TV ad seeks new firefighters
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) has today launched a new recruitment ad campaign seeking retained (on-call) firefighters from throughout regional NSW. The 60-second TV ad, launched via social media today and...
Friday 22nd July 2016
Cold snap prompts firies to warn: keep ash out of trash
As record low temperatures continue to bite NSW, Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) firefighters are warning householders to take every precaution in disposing of ash from fireplaces and...
Tuesday 28th June 2016
New firefighter academy for Sydney's west
Minister for Emergency Services David Elliott and Fire & Rescue NSW Commissioner Greg Mullins have announced plans for a new state-of-the-art firefighter training facility in Sydney’s west. Final negotiations are underway...
Tuesday 28th June 2016
Cold snap prompts house fire warning
The arrival of cooler temperatures has prompted Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) to warn NSW residents to take every precaution to avoid a fire in the home. Firefighters have been called...
Monday 30th May 2016
Fire Station Open Day to take place on 21 May
Firefighters are encouraging the people of NSW to visit their local fire station for the Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) annual Open Day this Saturday, 21 May. Fire Stations across the...
Monday 16th May 2016
ALARM RAISED ON WINTER FIRE SAFETY
Minister for Emergency Services David Elliott and Fire & Rescue NSW Commissioner Greg Mullins today urged the community to replace outdated smoke alarms to protect loved ones in the lead-up...
Wednesday 4th May 2016
In an emergency call
Triple Zero (000)
Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms
Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
What we're doing
Latest updates via Twitter [external link]
- Sep 24, 2016, 3:06 pm - GIRRAWEEN | #FRNSW f/fighters at single lvl house #fire. Ops underway.
- Sep 24, 2016, 1:03 pm - BROKEN HILL | #FRNSW f/fighters at house #fire. Single lvl house well alight. Fire ops underway
- Sep 23, 2016, 3:06 pm - Spring’s here & #FRNSW f/firefighters are asking householders to spring clean around the home. #BeHomeFireSafe… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/779185027275907072 [external link]
- Sep 23, 2016, 2:46 pm - CONDONG nr TWEED HEADS | #FRNSW firefighters at a vehicle into river, Tweed Valley Way. All out of vehicle. VRA also on scene.
- Sep 23, 2016, 1:58 pm - LAKE MUNMORAH | UPDATE: #FRNSW f/fighters have exting'd a house #fire. Fire was in a roof. 2 ppl evac'd.
- Sep 23, 2016, 1:21 pm - LAKE MUNMORAH | #FRNSW f/fighters at a house #fire. Single level house alight. Multiple 000 calls. Fire ops underway.
- Sep 23, 2016, 10:02 am - RT @MoF_Sydney: #StMathews #Church in #Albury was #gutted by a fierce #blaze on 14 September #1991. #FlashbackFriday https://twitter.com/MoF_Sydney/status/779108493127278592/photo/1 [external link]
- Sep 23, 2016, 9:27 am - Looking for something to do these hols? Check out the #FRNSW Brigade Kids website, developed with LEGO Australia. https://youtu.be/9kCUFoqB4mg [external link]
- Sep 22, 2016, 3:44 pm - WYEE | UPDATE: #FRNSW f/fighters and @NSWRFS exting'd #fire 2 small sheds and 40ft boat damaged.
- Sep 22, 2016, 3:09 pm - WYEE | #FRNSW f/firefighters assisting at #fire with @NSWRFS. 2 small sheds and 40 ft boat well alight. Fire ops underway.
- Sep 22, 2016, 12:20 pm - RT @BOM_NSW: A snapshot of river conditions at the moment. Keep up to date at #NSWFloods. http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/ [external link] https://twitter.com/BOM_NSW/status/778745107537207296/photo/1 [external link]
- Sep 21, 2016, 3:58 pm - #FRNSW sending extra fire crews from Young, Turvey Park & Gundagai to assist with flooding in COOTAMUNDRA. https://twitter.com/NSWSES/status/778472343685378048 [external link]