Fire & Rescue NSW is responsible for managing fire emergencies in major cities, metropolitan areas and towns across regional and rural New South Wales.
We serve the community of NSW by:
- responding quickly to calls of fire (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- protecting property within NSW and saving properties from structural fire.
As part of our commitment we aim to:
- reduce the response time of fire engines through continuous improvement of response procedures, introduction of new technology and improvements in service delivery
- reduce the number of incidents where the cause of fire is reported as undetermined
- increase percentage of fires confined to object/room of origin
- reduce the average dollar loss suffered by the community as a result of structure fires.