Australian Natural Disasters Impacts Framework Project
The Australian Natural Disasters Impacts Framework Project is being managed by the FRNSW, funded under the Natural Disaster Mitigation Program, through the NSW State Emergency Management Committee (SEMC), with 50% contribution from the Commonwealth of Australia and 50% from NSW.
The purpose of this project is to help improve the quality, availability and management of data across the PPRR spectrum to:
- facilitate informed discussion and decision making by governments and the community
- support policy development, planning and accountability across the emergency management sector
Below are the deliverables of the Impacts project:
1) Impacts of Natural Disasters and Fire Emergencies:
The Impacts Framework is based on economic principles, and provides a basis one would take to determine the economic, social and environmental impacts, losses and benefits in the event of a natural disaster or fire emergency.
The framework achieves this by identifying the elements contributing to impacts and the relationship between them, and by informing the collection of information on a wide range of natural disasters and fire emergencies. It can be used across any temporal or geographic scale, limited or broad. The framework provides an extensive list of possible impacts that the user can select depending on their area of interest and requirements. The framework is not limited to any one phase of the PPRR spectrum, and can be used for emergency management, policy-making or other purposes.
- Impacts Framework (PDF, 300KB)
- Identified Impacts Data Items (XLS, 7.90MB)
- Reference Material
- Project report (PDF, 400KB)
2) Pilot Online Impacts Framework Portal – currently in development
An online portal to publish the sourced data into the Impacts framework, including mechanisms for stakeholders to deliver, share, query and report data.
3) Directory of Questions for Household Preparedness Surveys
A nationally agreed directory to support the development of surveys and questionnaires from a pre-determined list of data items and questions to enable a better understanding of household preparedness for fire and natural disaster emergencies.
- The Directory of Questions (PDF, 1.9MB)
- Reference Material
4) Impacts Project - Data Items
- CSIRO Data Items Report Final v1.0 (PDF, 1.51MB)
5) Pilot Impacts Portal Requirements Specification
- Impacts Portal Requirements v1.0 (PDF, 782KB)
6) Pilot Impacts Portal: User Acceptance Testing